ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

New Kid on the Block

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dont Miss! New Kid on the Block

Post by redtech on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Hey Milt

I caught you guys at Novi and I think My beautiful near 3 year old Black Lab is tailor made for this

A quick question-Are you aware of lakes/ponds in my area that allow the public access I would need to get her stated?

I'm in the Redford/Detroit area so anything in Wayne, Oakland Livingston county locale would be great

Any help from you or any posters would be a great help

Thanx

redtech

My Name : Al
My Pet(s) : Maggie
Number of posts : 2
Libra Rooster

Back to top Go down

Dont Miss! Re: New Kid on the Block

Post by Laszlo's Botond on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:07 am

I am a little north of there I am sure others are closer but if all else fails when it warms up if you want to frive up by flint I know of a few places we can get him started
Laszlo's Botond

My Name : Thom Hadfield
My Pet(s) : Bo
Number of posts : 851
Aquarius Rat

http://teamreddog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:13 am

There is a training dock/pond located in Romulus, owned by Pat Currey that works well for new dogs. he has a full 40' dock, as well as a short, very low over the water dock for those who need to build confidence with the drop distance. There is also a "deck" around the entire pond (man-made) so they can jump off that also. His website is here:
http://curreysfamilypetcare.com/

There are also a couple docks in Oakland... Clarkston and Wateerford areas.
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by redtech on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Thanks SOOO much Ms Kel!!!

I went to the website and now I'm more excited than ever

Funny thing is I grew up in that area(Garden City) and had no idea the place was there right under my nose

Would like to learn about other docks you or any other posters may know of

Again, from the bottom of my heart,

THANK YOU!!!!!!

redtech

My Name : Al
My Pet(s) : Maggie
Number of posts : 2
Libra Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 pm

Lol, no problem.

Actually, the place was originally a Police K-9 training center (along with SAR K-9s, as we used to train there ourselves quite often for search work). It went by the name K-9 Academy back then... so that's probably why you hadn't heard of it until now.

Anyway, Pat Currey bought it awhile back and now runs the place. He does multi-sport and behavioral seminars there, has the dockjumping setup, and he trains dogs for Customs. We also have practices there with the Rock-N-Roll K-9s team. So, it's a big, versatile place. Pat also hosts the annual "With Angel's Wings" event, a multi-sport (dockjumping included) charity event.

I can't remember the exact addresses of the other two docks we regularly use... so I'll look those up and send you the info as well on those. Sweet!
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRafeHotline on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Oh Help! I know this may not be the best place to post this question, but was wondering if y'all could help me...

My first event with UAD ever will be at the Chantilly, VA Pet Expo. Do I have to be UKC registered to compete in the IDC round? Are you even offering the IDC round? If so, I also understand that you have to have two legs within six months prior to entering the IDC round. Does that mean that if my dog earns two legs in ANY division at THAT event, he can then go into the IDC round if I wanna pay the $50? Also, in "Catch It" can any object be used to throw? (ie: a frisbee?) AND...one more....if I register for a UKC number AT the event for my dog, will those legs count toward a UKC title, or does he already HAVE to have UKC registration before they will count?

WHEW! Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Sweet!

Thanks,
Carolynn and Rafe
TheRafeHotline

My Name : Veterinary Critical Care/Sports Injury Nurse
My Pet(s) : Fly Away's Ghosteyed Wingman, Cedarmark's Morgan Dusty Legacy and Cowboy Steel of LSB
Number of posts : 39
Libra Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:16 pm

TheRafeHotline wrote:My first event with UAD ever will be at the Chantilly, VA Pet Expo.

Cool. We'll see you there!

TheRafeHotline wrote:Do I have to be UKC registered to compete in the IDC round?

Nope.

TheRafeHotline wrote:Are you even offering the IDC round?

It's listed under the event's registration section. According to MaraLee's replies in the "Post PURINA questions here please" thread, you can register prior to the event, or at the event itself (after your dog earns the two required legs).

FYI: The "Post PURINA questions here please" thread can be found under the "Events" category, at the very top of the page, under the "Must Reads! & Don't Miss!" section.

TheRafeHotline wrote:Does that mean that if my dog earns two legs in ANY division at THAT event, he can then go into the IDC round if I wanna pay the $50?

Yup. MaraLee also answered this question in the "Post PURINA questions here please" thread.

TheRafeHotline wrote:Also, in "Catch It" can any object be used to throw? (ie: a frisbee?)

A frisbee is fine. Lots of people have used frisbees in CI. As long as the toy floats and is not, nor has even been, alive, it's fine to use. Sweet!

TheRafeHotline wrote:if I register for a UKC number AT the event for my dog, will those legs count toward a UKC title, or does he already HAVE to have UKC registration before they will count?

If you register for a TL # at an event, the scores earned will count towards their UKC titles. HOWEVER, I do not know if TL #s will be offered at the Chantilly event or not. You will need to post that question in the "Dear Sara" section for Sara (UAD staff and UKC rep) to answer.
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRafeHotline on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Oh my gosh, Milt! You are a walking encyclopedia of information! WOW! Hee hee...thanks so much for this information. I can't wait til the event!!!

Carolynn
TheRafeHotline

My Pet(s) : Fly Away's Ghosteyed Wingman, Cedarmark's Morgan Dusty Legacy and Cowboy Steel of LSB
Libra Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRafeHotline on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:18 pm

OH wait! That was KEL!!! My bad...well can't wait to meet you. Sorry... Surprised)

Carolynn
TheRafeHotline

Libra Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Uh huh... no problem. Just paraphrasing information that was already answered by MaraLee. Ultimate Air Elation

FYI... I don't think Milt would have GSD pics in his sig... he has one of those "fake shepherds!" Lol. Just kidding, Milt!
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRafeHotline on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:29 pm

And what breed would that be? A "fake" shepherd, that is...do I need to worry? LOL! I have a shepherd...just not your kind. LOL! Ultimate Air Elation
TheRafeHotline

Libra Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:49 pm

Just FYI: Chantilly is not a UKC licensed event. Sweet! It's a short dock event and none of those will be UKC licensed, they are not figured into the titles at this time.

SHR UWP CH Abbe Lane's Prince of Darkness TAN NA-I RBIMBS
Kiss My Axel
Zesty Fiona Schwagg
Sara

My Name : Sara
My Pet(s) : Oskar, Carly, Fiona
Number of posts : 791
Scorpio Goat

http://www.freewebs.com/oskarboogerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:16 pm

Milt's youngest dog is a Belgian Malinios... so, don't worry, it's just
something I tease Milt about and he jokes about himself on
occassion. There are plenty of Mals I like... I just like giving
Milt a hard time, is all. Just kidding!
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRafeHotline on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Hi guys. I just wanted to post a huge THANK YOU to the coordinators and workers at the UAD event in Chantilly this weekend. We had a fabulous time and Rafe truly enjoyed jumping and barking at all of you. Ultimate Air Elation It was so nice to meet everyone and watch all of your dogs do so well. The Purina round was fun to watch and learn from. Congratulations to Alisa (sp?) and Colby for taking the dock by storm! And of course...I'll EVER be impressed with the other herding dogs on the dock this weekend. Especially the Border Collie...Ann...it was a pleasure getting to know you and Chase. Thanks all of you. Despite coming home and coming down with a terrible flu, I had a great time this weekend and can revisit it in my dreams while I'm sleeping away this horrible flu! ARRRRGGGGHHH!!! Thanks again!
TheRafeHotline

Libra Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi Carolynn! it was great meeting you and Rafe and we hope to see you again at future events! I'm glad you both had fun... but I'm sorry you have the flu now! Get better soon. Sweet!

GO HERDING DOGS! Lol.
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRafeHotline on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:41 pm

Oh yeah....Herding dogs can do this stuff, too! LOL!!! thanks for the well wishes. It was great to meet you, too. You were a huge help prior to the event and I'm glad we got a chance to talk a tiny bit. Your dogs are awesome and extremely handsome!
TheRafeHotline

Libra Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by labpaw on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:02 am

I sure hope you feel better Queasy and your Aussies are beautiful!!! luv It was good to meet you and we will see you soon, I'm sure! Flower Power
labpaw

My Name : Alisa
My Pet(s) : Pooh, Colby, Gracie Lou, Abe, Stew, Web, Miss P, & Goo
Number of posts : 1061
Taurus Pig

http://www.teamblabador.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRafeHotline on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:04 am

Finally feeling better. Literally missed an entire week of work! Bummer! Fever, chills, cough...yuk! Anyway...I think the cold water was worth it...just don't tell my boss. LOL! It was great to meet you, too Alisa and Scott. I had a really great time...and I think my Aussie did, too. A Round of Applause! The event was fun and everyone was so nice. Thanks for all your help (especially Milt and Alisa!), too. It's nice to learn from the pros! See you soon!
TheRafeHotline

Libra Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top