ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Congratulations UAG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dont Miss! Congratulations UAG

Post by Blanket on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:25 am

Congratulations to all who participated,
Cangratulations to all who won,
and, Congratulations to everyone that surpassed their best performances.

Julie and Blanket
Blanket

Number of posts : 18
Leo Cat

Back to top Go down

Dont Miss! Re: Congratulations UAG

Post by Intellabs on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:01 am

Since we unfortunately had to cancel at the last minute, I was wondering who won and how did everyone place in the division finals?
Intellabs

My Name : Roger
My Pet(s) : Katie, Koko, Oberon, Kota, Sugar, Knitrous and Hershey
Number of posts : 709
Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rajah on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:12 am

Intellabs wrote:Since we unfortunately had to cancel at the last minute, I was wondering who won and how did everyone place in the division finals?

Ultimate: Drew (black lab)
Masters: Rajah
Senior: Phoenix (GSP)
Junior: Chocolate lab.... forgot name
Novice: Drake (i think)
Rajah

My Name : Rajah's dad
My Pet(s) : Rajah (APBT), Cody, Phoenix, Tucson, & Rumor (GSPs)
Number of posts : 512
Aries Snake

http://www.flyinghighk9s.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stephz on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:43 am

The boys and I had a great time (as always!). I'm so proud of how both Scout & Brooks finished the year!!!
Scout may have come in dead last in Masters semi-finals but he gives it his all every single time on the dock and LOVES to do this!!! I have seen him really start to slow down the past few months but that is to be expected since he is almost 9. I just love seeing the excitement in his eyes when he is around the pool and dock - I wouldn't give that up for anything!!! He is always so proud of himself when he comes out of the pool and has a look in his eye that seems to say - did you see what I did? Did I do good Mom? I can't help but give him all the praise in the world no matter if he jumped 10 feet or 20 feet - as long as he is having fun it doesn't matter to me and I could care less if he is in finals or not.
Brooks has come a long way this year - starting out at the Chicago Ridge event last September with only jumping off the dock when Brian would come to the side and tell him to to now running the whole length of the dock and jumping his little heart out!!! It's been a lot of fun seeing him get the game and getting better and better with each event this year. I can't wait to see what he does in 2010!!
So while we may never be classified as "ultimate" jumpers to me my boys are and always will be ultimate dogs!
stephz

My Name : Steph
My Pet(s) : Jinx
Number of posts : 679
Taurus Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by wrigley on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:12 pm

Congrats to everyone and I wish we could have seen the finals. Here is an update on Wrigley and what happened during the weekned. Wrigley did UV on Saturday morning and did fine, placed 4th I think. Then, when it came time for Ultimate semi he left the pool with a limp on his rear left leg. I shut him down then for the day. His jump was 19' range. Since there were only 10 ultimate dogs no one was eliminated from the semi. So....I thought or hoped that he would be fine in the morning. I very slowly warmed him up in the morning (no limping). I made him go in and swim before jumping. He looked at me as if I was crazy. I let him jump and he did just fine. Thought the problem was over. Then when it came time for Catch It his first jump was 19' range again. I could tell he was not sprinting down the dock and there was not much of a push off. The 2nd jump was even slower and weaker than the first. So, i just had to call it for the day and pulled him out of the Ultimate Finals. I had to help him in the truck which never happens. We had a long 8 hr drive home. As soon as we got home, he found his ball in the yard and was ready to play....same thing this morning. No limp and he seems to be putting weight on it. I will try to keep him from playing for a few days but that might be hard. So for now I would say everything is fine. If he starts to limp on it again during the week, I will take him in.

I think he might have pulled something doing UV. Then with the long break during the day, it just tightened up on him. I think he will be back to normal in a few days (if not already).

Thank you for everyone's concern at the event. It will probably be awhile before we see some of you again. We have found it very hard to make it to the long travel events with two kids Sweet!
wrigley

My Name : Jacob Schlottman
My Pet(s) : Wrigley (male BL), Heisman (male CL), Shea (Female BL)
Number of posts : 98
Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by stephz on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm glad to hear that Wrigley seems to be feeling better....please keep us posted on how he is doing!!
stephz

My Name : Steph
My Pet(s) : Jinx
Number of posts : 679
Taurus Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Lynnie and waffles took a first in Junior Handler
Steph and Scout took a first in veterns
Team LUV-A-Bulls

My Name : Heather
My Pet(s) : Splash,Digger,Bazooka Joe and PorkChop
Number of posts : 674
Pisces Pig

http://www.teamluvabulls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rockysmom on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:29 pm

What a fantastic weekend!

I just wanted Rocky to jump 19-footers again. Boy, did he have other plans. He jumped a 19'9" to squeak into the Senior finals for Sunday. And then he decided to bust out 2 new PBs. First a 20'5", then 20'7". I was thrilled with those jumps. Only to realize, he placed 3rd in the Senior division. Rocky just blew me away this weekend. I am so unbelievably proud of my boy. And he is almost 8 years old!

Not to leave Leo out - he went swimming and jumping off the ramp again and was fantastic out in the crowd with all the people and loud noises.

And thanks to all my UAD friends that cheered Rocky on to his PB. I love that other people we were jumping against were cheering just as loud for us as their own dog. That is what UAD is all about.
rockysmom

My Name : Kristy
My Pet(s) : Rocky and Leo my sweet Newman - you will always be loved
Location : nowhere near 'rocketdog' - I am not responsible for him :)
Number of posts : 221
Scorpio Snake

http://www.teamrocketdog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jumpin' Duracell on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Way to go everyone! It was a great weekend with Huge jumps! We did not come back for finals on Sunday, since we just missed the Senior finals... we opted to let the dogs rest at home, and get caught up on a few things! So glad to hear of everyones big jumps though! Special Congrats to Rocky... I have always loved watching that boy with his Cuz Ball... even inspired us to try that for Copper for a while, but he decided he loves his Octopus the most! Congrats to All... and hope to see you all soon... probably not until the outdoor events in Michigan start back up though!
Jess and Brian, Copper and Scout
Jumpin' Duracell

My Name : Jessica
My Pet(s) : UNJ Adamczyk's Copper Top, Sir Edwood Scout Adamczyk (I don't jump... yet!)
Number of posts : 169
Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jumpin' Duracell on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Way to go everyone! It was a great weekend with Huge jumps! We did not come back for finals on Sunday, since we just missed the Senior finals... we opted to let the dogs rest at home, and get caught up on a few things! So glad to hear of everyones big jumps though! Special Congrats to Rocky... I have always loved watching that boy with his Cuz Ball... even inspired us to try that for Copper for a while, but he decided he loves his Octopus the most! Congrats to All... and hope to see you all soon... probably not until the outdoor events in Michigan start back up though!
Jess and Brian, Copper and Scout
Jumpin' Duracell

My Pet(s) : UNJ Adamczyk's Copper Top, Sir Edwood Scout Adamczyk (I don't jump... yet!)
Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:12 pm

We just wanted to thank Julie and Blanket for helping Kady Win the
junior finals. Your technique and advice really helped us out so much

Thanks Norm and Candi
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam

My Name : Norman Candi and Dakota Brown
My Pet(s) : Kota's Delight Kady Bark Kent Chaos
Number of posts : 206
Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:14 pm

Rajah wrote:
Intellabs wrote:Since we unfortunately had to cancel at the last minute, I was wondering who won and how did everyone place in the division finals?

Ultimate: Drew (black lab)
Masters: Rajah
Senior: Phoenix (GSP)
Junior: Chocolate lab.... forgot name
Novice: Drake (i think)

Kady was the Chocolate Lab who won Junior
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam

Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:47 pm

Kady did such a wonderful job this weekend. After having 3 legs in her senior division, we really thought she would get the last 2 legs of her Senior Title at Labor Day, however, that was not the case. We hadn't been having her practice for about a month and a half before the event, because she had her first heat, and got an infection in her bladder and urinary tract, so we wanted to give her resting time. Also, it made her sick, (throwing up) and she was not really much for playing as hard as she had been.

However, she still gave it her all, she just wasn't "jumping" instead, she was bee-lining off the dock like a torpedo into the water. Therefore she was only jumping Juniors, instead of Seniors.

So she finished her Junior title on labor day weekend, and even made it into finals that weekend (which she came in 4th place out of 5). So we didn't really know what to expect out of her at UAG.

So Norm suggested to encourage her to get "JUMP in the AIR" to hang the toy on the end of the golf ball retriever and dangle it over the water, and she couldnt have that toy, unless she took it down. (which she missed the first one and maybe 1 or 2 other ones in between). When she missed, i tossed her a different toy for her to come out of the water with.

(Bark Kent would jump in after her and "help" her bring the toy in, or steal it!)

I worked with her for a good four hours that tuesday before UAG, and (she got brakes, where I had her tied and Bark Kent got alone time, and rotated them too) she was finally catching on at the end of the evening. It took the four hours to tire her out though surprisingly enough!

However, we decide to bring the pole to practice with
just to reinforce the UP motion. (some thought it was to teach her utimate verticle, althought that will probably help, it was intended to get her to jump UP after the toy)

Julie suggested to us, since Norm is so tall to use her technique, and BOY O BOY did that work! It got her back into jumping like she knows she can.

She had been jumping 11-12' the whole last month so I said if the holding over water technique worked to get her over 16' I was jumping in, even though her PB is 17'2"

She jumped 16'3" to win Junior Finals!

She will be 1 year on Sept. 19th Such an honor to have even been able to make it to finals, and especially to see her complete renewal of energy on that last day!

Congradulations to everyone who made it to finals, because that in itself can be challenging also! Also congrats to everyone who won.
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam

Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by llcnet on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Miss Dusty had a great time and did not want to stop. If I didn't hate barking so much I would think it is funny that little
Miss "Obedient" barks her head off when she can see the dogs on the dock.

Everyone did fantastic!

I'm going to try and find Dusty one of those Octopus toys. Though like some of the other toys I've gone out of my way to get,
she probably won't like it when it is her toy. Stealing is much more fun!

I've tried leaving toys by the dock steps for her to find and that hasn't worked either. Apparently it has to be in possession of another dog and handler!
llcnet

My Name : Linda
My Pet(s) : Dusty
Number of posts : 211
Gemini Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TEAM GOLDEN GIRLS on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 pm

So glad to hear how everyone did. I missed being there. Now I am planning on it for next year.

How old are veteran dogs?

Barb
TEAM GOLDEN GIRLS

My Name : Barb
My Pet(s) : Roxxy, Belle
Number of posts : 107
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rajah on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:45 pm

TEAM GOLDEN GIRLS wrote:How old are veteran dogs?

Barb

8 and over
Rajah

My Name : Rajah's dad
My Pet(s) : Rajah (APBT), Cody, Phoenix, Tucson, & Rumor (GSPs)
Number of posts : 512
Aries Snake

http://www.flyinghighk9s.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DogsUnlimited on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:15 pm

It was indeed a GREAT weekend (as always)!!!

Great to see everyone and Congrats to all on an AWESOME year of jumping!!
DogsUnlimited

My Pet(s) : Cajun, Champ, Bear, Hunter & Riot
Number of posts : 273
Sagittarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnSWD on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:48 am

Congrates to ALL the dogs that jumped - ALL were winners n my book!!
It is great to be around so many WONDERFUL people - I am so lucky
HAD A BLAST!!!
LynnSWD

My Name : Lynn
My Pet(s) : Lola, Bamba
Number of posts : 604
Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Dont Miss! Congratz Rocky!!

Post by computergui on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:04 pm

Awesome job Rocky!!!!

We had a blast in our first UAG!!! What a great event.
computergui

My Name : Don
My Pet(s) : Liza and Winston
Number of posts : 16
Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Don,
When Liza learns to plant her feet and jump as she flies off the dock she will be a HUGE jumping dog. Hope to see you guys again soon. I just LOVE Liza! She's such a sweetie and really, really LOVES dock jumping.
rocketdog

My Name : Jason
My Pet(s) : Rocky, Newman, and Leo
Number of posts : 897
Sagittarius Snake

http://www.teamrocketdog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TEAM GOLDEN GIRLS on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:27 pm

TEAM GOLDEN GIRLS wrote:How old are veteran dogs?

8 and over

Yeah, Roxxy will be 8 in November. Looking forward to that next year.
Thanks,
Barb
TEAM GOLDEN GIRLS

My Name : Barb
My Pet(s) : Roxxy, Belle
Number of posts : 107
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by computergui on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:50 pm

rocketdog wrote:Don,
When Liza learns to plant her feet and jump as she flies off the dock she will be a HUGE jumping dog. Hope to see you guys again soon. I just LOVE Liza! She's such a sweetie and really, really LOVES dock jumping.

We stumbled across Dock Jumping by accident, and it's been an incredible year.

We can't thank everyone enough for all their help and support. We love this sport almost as much as Liza, and that says a whole lot.

We're going to keep working and with a little luck maybe we can be with the Ultimate dogs next year at UAG.

And if that never happens, that's fine by us. Our little girl smiles ear to ear when she jumps, and that's what makes this such a great experience for us.
computergui

My Name : Don
My Pet(s) : Liza and Winston
Number of posts : 16
Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jumpin' Duracell on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Liza sure does smile ear to ear when she jumps! No one can question if she loves the sport!! I have to say though... Don and Theresa... your smiles are just about as big as hers when she jumps! You can tell that you love your girl and this sport!! Good Luck in the next year, and hopefully we will see you at some events next year!
Jumpin' Duracell

Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Maddy on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:27 pm

Glad Wrigley will be healthy enough to watch the IU UM game this weekend.
Scouter pouter and Rocky get the MVP's of the weekend as voted by me-john-.

Drew can flat out sail.Drew gets super mvp

Nice job everyone
great jumps by every one.
Joe-great pulled pork.
Can't wait till next season
Team Maddy

My Pet(s) : Maddy
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content