ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Illness and injurys

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dont Miss! Illness and injurys

Post by AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam on Thu May 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Are there any specific injuries or illnesses that i Should be aware of now that my dog is dock jumping?
Also how much should i practice with my job. I try to go until she starts acting a little tired but should i have her in the water every day. I have my 8 1/2 month puppy jumping every other day plus running her playing fetch on the days in between. I am just wondering how much because i think my dog kady would keep running until she passed out and died. Any way would like to have help on any training and health that I could get.

Thanks Norm Candi ( and crazy Kady)
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam

My Name : Norman Candi and Dakota Brown
My Pet(s) : Kota's Delight Kady Bark Kent Chaos
Number of posts : 206
Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Dont Miss! Re: Illness and injurys

Post by teamsmoke on Fri May 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Keeping your dog active is probably the best way to reduce the chance of injuries. Sounds like you are on a good program now. I know if it were up to Smokey he would play till he drops. We don't have a real place to train as of yet, just a pond and no platform. We do play a lot of frisbee which I think helps with building the muscles needed for jumping. Just keep building that strong desire to retrieve their toy and I think you will be very happy with the results. High energy dogs need stimulation.
Dan

teamsmoke

My Name : Dan
My Pet(s) : Smokey pb- 23'10" Izzo-still learning
Number of posts : 64
Scorpio Monkey

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top