ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Illness and injurys

Go down

Dont Miss! Illness and injurys

Post by AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam on Thu May 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Are there any specific injuries or illnesses that i Should be aware of now that my dog is dock jumping?
Also how much should i practice with my job. I try to go until she starts acting a little tired but should i have her in the water every day. I have my 8 1/2 month puppy jumping every other day plus running her playing fetch on the days in between. I am just wondering how much because i think my dog kady would keep running until she passed out and died. Any way would like to have help on any training and health that I could get.

Thanks Norm Candi ( and crazy Kady)
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam

My Name : Norman Candi and Dakota Brown
My Pet(s) : Kota's Delight Kady Bark Kent Chaos
Number of posts : 206
Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Dont Miss! Re: Illness and injurys

Post by teamsmoke on Fri May 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Keeping your dog active is probably the best way to reduce the chance of injuries. Sounds like you are on a good program now. I know if it were up to Smokey he would play till he drops. We don't have a real place to train as of yet, just a pond and no platform. We do play a lot of frisbee which I think helps with building the muscles needed for jumping. Just keep building that strong desire to retrieve their toy and I think you will be very happy with the results. High energy dogs need stimulation.
Dan

teamsmoke

My Name : Dan
My Pet(s) : Smokey pb- 23'10" Izzo-still learning
Number of posts : 64
Scorpio Monkey

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum