ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

vaccine docs for UKC premier kzoo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dont Miss! vaccine docs for UKC premier kzoo

Post by AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:32 pm

I have a 7 Month old Chocolate Lab named Kady entered in her first event at KZOO Premier UKC. Do I need to Bring her vaccine Docs or will her dog licence be good? I am excited to do this event and don't want to mess up the day because of paper work. We just got Kady before christmas and she can't stay out of the water. Two Months ago we found this out when she decided to jump through thin ice to get wet in a tiny pond. She kept jumping in and out biting at the water. We don't need toys to get her into the water we need them to get her out. Any how i thought this would be a fun activity to do with her and hope to see everybody there and have a good time> Thank You Norm
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam

My Name : Norman Candi and Dakota Brown
My Pet(s) : Kota's Delight Kady Bark Kent Chaos
Number of posts : 206
Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Dont Miss! Re: vaccine docs for UKC premier kzoo

Post by stephz on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:57 pm

Norm,
Welcome!! UAD will never ask for any vaccine records but sometimes venues will ask or do spot checks - it all just depends. I always carry my dogs records with me in the car so I always have them with me just in case (especially since I'm usually going over state lines)

Be ready to get addicted to the sport - it is so much fun and the people are great and are always happy to help out newbies so don't be afraid to let the secretary at the event know this is first time!
stephz

My Name : Steph
My Pet(s) : Jinx
Number of posts : 679
Taurus Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Thanks Steph
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam

My Name : Norman Candi and Dakota Brown
My Pet(s) : Kota's Delight Kady Bark Kent Chaos
Number of posts : 206
Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Welcome!
Ditto on Steph's suggestion: I highly recommend that everyone keep K9 immunization and license records with them at all times.
We make half size copies, laminate them and keep a set in each vehicle. The are some organizations that require them. There are a few communities that require event participants to have them on hand. And any time the authorities are involved (lost dog that gets picked up, or dog is involved in a fight for instance)- more likely than not, you had better have those records!
A friend was doing a demo when a cop wanted to play tug with his dog. The dog's tooth scraped the cop's finger when he moved his hand the wrong way. His partner INSISTED, that since our friend did not have the immunization records with him that the poor dog be hauled to doggy jail! Our friend had to go home, get the records, go to the shelter, pay a fine and retrieve his poor dog.
So you see, unexpected stuff does happen. Better to be prepared.
Angela

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top