ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Newbie with questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dont Miss! Newbie with questions

Post by livinzoo on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Well I was introduced to Dock diving several months ago. I even came to Ashville with my pup Titan. We had a blast. And really want to have more fun in the sport.

I joined a local dock diving club and was promised practice time was available almost every weekend. Well shortly after I joined for some reason we could no longer use the pool we were practicing in. The board of directors always said they were looking for another pool or lake. But our last practice was mid-July and they still don't have a place to practice. It seemed their main concern was sponsoring an event and raising money. I posted my feeling about the lack of practice on their message board and was kicked out of the club by 2 out of 3 of the BOD.

Is there any way to find a club that is not too far away that has practices and enjoys having fun with the sport? I'm in NE GA.

livinzoo

Number of posts : 4
Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Dont Miss! Re: Newbie with questions

Post by LoriL on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:45 pm

You do not have to join a club to practice. The cannine ranch in NW Ga has a great practice facillity. Also just finding someone with a dock on a lake works out great. I am in Columbus,GA and was also a club member at one time. Turns out I have a lot more fun just getting together with one or two people at the lake and playing with my dogs.

LoriL

My Name : Lori
Number of posts : 387
Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:39 am

There aren't really any official UAD clubs... just a lot of informal groups of people who get together in areas close to each other. Looks like Lori might be able to help you with that, though. I've heard some good things about the canine ranch's setup and their events and practice get-togethers are sometimes advertised on this site. Whatever you end up doing, best of luck and we hope to see you at an event in the future!
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top