ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

100+ springers coming into springer rescue, read this please

Go down

Dont Miss! 100+ springers coming into springer rescue, read this please

Post by bethandryder on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:15 am

Hi friends,

I just read this email from one of the founding members of springer rescue, it is very disheartening. My rescue needs help, big time! If anyone can donate money or even better foster one of these young springers it would probably save a life! I donate money thru paypal it was easy. If anyone can foster a springer please contact me and pass this around to your dog loving friends maybe someone wants a springer or can foster. Here is the email.

Many of you may have already heard. There are going to be more than 100 English springer spaniels coming into rescue. Yes, this is true. There is a crew working on this to expedite the dogs once they are taken in.

Because of security reasons we cannot disclose the location of all the dogs because one of the kennels involved is a USDA matter.

At this time, we are in need of volunteers who can help us pick up the first sweep of dogs in Kansas. We need a truck and crates to be able to move about 50 dogs. The dogs will be taken to a holding location in MO for assessment. Once they have been vet checked, and recorded, they can be moved to their foster homes from there. From that point we will need help with the transports. The planned date for the first pick-up is Sat. 11/29. If you can assist us with these dogs and help as a team member, please contact me privately. Judy Manley at vistahknls@aol.com

Once we have the dogs, we will post the age, color and gender of the dogs in our possession and we will then start the transportation to their foster homes. From there these young dogs can be assessed by their foster homes and then eventually they will be placed in loving forever homes.

If you cannot physically help, donations are being taken which are desperately needed to pay for the veterinary bills, boarding bills and other expenses to get these dogs to safety.
Donations can be given online with a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal through this link:
http://www.springerrescue.org/donate/donation.html
or mail donations can be sent to:
English Springer Rescue America
c/o Suzanne Bell
2721 Walker Lee Drive
Los Alamitos, CA 90720-4935

Here is another from Judy,
I am here to plead with all of you to help us with English Springer Spaniel Rescue. We have two issues facing us bringing in over 100 young springers. We do not have enough foster homes or funds to support this effort at one time.

These are beautiful dogs who deserve a chance. This involves two different breeding kennels. I cannot disclose at this time where these dogs are since the Dept. of Agriculture is involved.

I am begging all of you to consider taking a foster dog or sponsoring a
foster dog at this time. This is going to be a major operation since the dogs will need to first be housed, assessed then transported. I know most of you have never fostered but if you can help us with one dog, we English Springer Rescue America are here to hold your hand. We just need bodies and homes to help us. If you cannot foster, can you help us pay for boarding of the dogs while we get them ready to move to their new homes. Can you help us trans port them when the time is needed?
bethandryder

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Ryder and Hershey, ESS
Number of posts : 303
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Dont Miss! Re: 100+ springers coming into springer rescue, read this please

Post by jtallen on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:09 am

beth
sent you a PM
jim
jtallen

My Pet(s) : Rogan, Molly, Maggie, Moose, Cracker
Number of posts : 1343
Leo Cat

http://www.teamsecondchance.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:26 am

Beth sent you a PM

Misti

My Name : Mary
My Pet(s) : Misti, Wizard, Ludwig(Lu)
Number of posts : 136
Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Okay, here is what I know so far, although it may have changed overnight. CO has already taken 9 dogs plus one pregnant female. Judy will bringing some back with her, she will be going through MO, IL, IN and OH. They are asking if there is anyone who can foster any of these dogs and can meet Judy along I-70 this evening to take any to let us know. There are about another 30 that will have to be moved from MO, they don't think there are any other pregnant ones in that group. So, just update as to how you can help and I will keep everyone updated as I learn more.

Thank you!
Kim

Kim Marvin
English Springer Rescue America
Michigan Co-Coordinator
bethandryder

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi All,

Just wanted to give a övernight report.

We are staying with Denise, parked the truck in her fenced in back yard and x-ed each of the 14 dogs we have with us. Some of them barely walked, they are so scared. They just stand there.The look in their eyes seems to say thanks. They are all very sweet a few of them did wag their tail! We had one stuffed toy laying on the ground that they all sniffed. Only one wanted to play with it & it made us feel SO good. I'm sure they will all be playing with toys before long. They did well thru the night~ heard them a few times, but mostly quiet. We are up now, I went down to open up the truck & saw their sweet faces. The temp is going up to 51 here today, so thankfully we won't need our scarves & gloves to be outside with them. They will all have a good breakfast and some exercise before Judy and I get on the long drive back to Ohio.

Thanks for all your prayers as we make this journey!

Cathy Ross
bethandryder

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:46 pm

just got off the phone with Judy a half an hour or so ago and she is about 60 miles out. Apparently 98 dogs were seized. At last count, we would be assisting 51 of them. The others are mixes, and the State of KS (the Dept. of Agriculture I believe) is taking responsibility for them. She did say that one dog had to be put down because he was so aggressive that no one could even get near him to assess him. Sad...

I would like to take this opportunity thank each and every one of you that has pledged your support in one way or another. The outpouring of support for these dogs has been incredible. We have many foster homes ready and waiting to assist. We will know more shortly as to whether there are any (or many) pregnant bitches. I have really been surprised at the number of foster homes that have been willing to take on a pregnant bitch and whelp a litter. It's a big relief.

We should know much more in the next 12-24 hours as the dogs are being assessed, and recorded. I will be keeping a central data base here on all the dogs and anything that we can find out about each of them.

Thanks everyone for your care and concern for these dogs. It's been a tremendous effort, on many of your parts, to get this operation up and running.

Bless you all, and bless these poor sweet Springers.

Linda Lintz
VP - Midwestern Region
English Springer Rescue America, Inc.
bethandryder

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:02 pm

Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction. It's great that there have been several families volunteering to foster these dogs. Sweet!
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:19 pm

Here is the latest update:
Its 5:15 am on Mon. morning. No, I am not just waking up. We haven't slept yet. In fact, we had to ask each other what day it was since we are so exhausted.

We just sat down for the first time to see what is on the email lists. We been without sleep for a few days. The round trip for us was over 2500 miles within 72 hours.

I want to "Thank" everyone for their support and words of encouragement to keep us going.

I now have 14 additional dogs in my house. Its going to be a tough week until these dogs get moved to their foster homes. The dogs are so fear stricken its difficult to get them in and out of the crates and walking on a leash is out of the question. One poor girl I keep referring to as "hedgehog" since she will not come out of the back of her crate, she lays in there with her head tucked down in the corner and her body is in a little ball from fear. Gratefully, we have a great foster home who can work with this sweet baby girl.

I think my nose hairs are burned out from the smell and I have considered the option of burning my clothes. Seriously, even though they have been bathed...Phew.... Stinky dogs.

Almost all of the dogs have eye infections, and many have other ailments. Two have heart murmurs, several have entropian and many have battle scars and hot spots. One female has a large tumor or something on her back, she is a rack of bones, and parts of her ears have been ripped off and are infected On top of all this, I learned she had a litter of puppies in July. She is high on my list of veterinary visits.

I would like to point out the importance of limited registrations on the sale of your puppies. These dogs started from a well known breeder who thought they were helping by selling her breedable bitches. The problem with this breeder is not going to end here. She released some dogs to us. One pregnant female and kept the other pregnant females with hopes of making Christmas money. I am distressed over the dogs that were left behind; but our legal system is in control in this matter. Thank goodness she was willing to give up these dogs. The best we have to offer is to make life wonderful for the 98 dogs that were taken on Fri.

Cathy Ross and I will hopefully get time on Mon. to download the photos of each of the springers we took in. We will post the photos as soon as we can for everyone to wallow in their beauty and be aware of the awesome work a rescue program can produce.

I am blessed to have all of your support in rescue.

Judy Manley
bethandryder

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:19 pm

Here are some rescue pictures, a rescue in action.

bethandryder

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Wow, that's a lot of dogs! It's just crazy what some people will do to make a buck.
rocketdog

My Name : Jason
My Pet(s) : Rocky, Newman, and Leo
Number of posts : 897
Sagittarius Snake

http://www.teamrocketdog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:31 pm

Here is a video someone just put together of some of the dogs. Not sure if this link will work. Beth

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4e54597a4e6a41794d6e77784d5441314e446b354f413d3d0d0a&sb=1
bethandryder

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by nickelinca on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:03 pm

are there any more that need a foster or is it all over by now?
nickelinca

My Name : Allison
My Pet(s) : Nickel & Inca
Number of posts : 36
Aquarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum