ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

I'm new

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dont Miss! Re: I'm new

Post by blndie on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:01 pm

Thank you.. My vet recommeded it. But said it doesn't take effect for 2 weeks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't required for this weekend. I showed horses growing up and most places require certain things, so that's why I wanted to make sure I didn't need anything specific for this weekend...

blndie

My Name : Nicole
My Pet(s) : Panelope, yellow lab
Number of posts : 14
Leo Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Jumpin' Duracell on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:10 pm

What all is involved in earning UAD Titles? Where do you go from there? Once you have a title, do you get to jump in the semi-finals for that division? Can you explain the titles and divisions a bit better for me... I get how the divisions are split up by division so that you are competing against like talented dogs... but what else?
We are just getting started, and this was very confusing for us...
Thanks so much!!
Jessica
Jumpin' Duracell

My Name : Jessica
My Pet(s) : UNJ Adamczyk's Copper Top, Sir Edwood Scout Adamczyk (I don't jump... yet!)
Number of posts : 169
Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:29 pm

Jumping in Finals has nothing to do with having a title or not (with one exception)... you can qualify for Finals at an event even if it's your first event ever... as long as your dog has one of the top five jumps for your division.

The one exception is Ultimate Air Games (UAG - Nationals). For that, you must have a title in order to compete in Semi-Finals. Then, the top dogs from Semi's go on to the Finals.

You earn a title once you have five jumps within one division. You can earn one jump (Q) per Splash and one for Finals if you make it in (even though you get two jumps each, only the biggest one counts). If you earn another five Qs, then you would have a second title in that division. Each additional title in a division adds a Roman numeral to the title, to indicate how many of that title has been earned. For example... if your dog earns six Junior titles, they would have a UAJ.VI title. Three Senior titles? UAS.III. Etc. Also, title counts and Qs restart each year and Qs earned from previous years do not carry over from year to year.

For UKC, the titling system is a bit different. You earn one base title (five Qs in a division) and then go on to earn a Ch title and a GrCh title, based on points you earn. The number of points earned per Q is dependent on the distances jumped. Breakdowns can be found here: http://www.ultimateairdogs.net/Competitor_Rules.php and are listed under Section IX. Unlike regular UAD titles, UKC Qs do carry over from year to year.
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by blndie on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Just a quick question???? If it rains tomorrow will the event still be on? is there anything inside? It's been raining all day here, and it's heading that way, so just wondering. I know my dog doesn't care, but I don't want to be out in the rain all day..

blndie

My Name : Nicole
My Pet(s) : Panelope, yellow lab
Number of posts : 14
Leo Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Jumpin' Duracell on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Okay, more newbie questions for someone please. I think that I understand the title process now, but could someone please help me understand our score from Woods n Waters? We placed 2nd in the Junior category in both Splash 1 and Splash 2. We did not come back for the rest of the weekend, because we didn't think that we could. Could we have jumped again?? (In the finals or semi-finals??) Just wondering for next time... so that we are better prepared! Thanks for all your help... all your answers are really helping to understand how UAD works... we look forward to jumping more next year in the events in Michigan!
Jumpin' Duracell

My Pet(s) : UNJ Adamczyk's Copper Top, Sir Edwood Scout Adamczyk (I don't jump... yet!)
Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR75 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:57 pm

Although we were not there I believe that Splashes 1 & 2 were on Friday. Those splashes were open to anyone including those who needed to complete their titles to be eligible for the Ultimate Air Games finals the rest of the weekend. If this was your first event you would not have been able to complete a title in just two splashes so you would not have qualified for the UAG semi-finals.

That's my opinion from not being there so if I am wrong someone will let me know. Ultimate Air Elation

Gunther (GSP) PB 0'0"

www.nylabone.com
TR75

My Name : Matt
My Pet(s) : Jake & Gunther
Sponsors : Nylabone
Number of posts : 1345
Gemini Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by labpaw on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:08 pm

I think what Matt said is correct, but had it been a "regular event", where titles are not required to continue on, it is possible that your jumps may have qualified for the junior finals. Finalists are determined after all the splashes are over. They rank the top jumpers of each group and then post those who qualified. Sweet!
labpaw

My Name : Alisa
My Pet(s) : Pooh, Colby, Gracie Lou, Abe, Stew, Web, Miss P, & Goo
Number of posts : 1061
Taurus Pig

http://www.teamblabador.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:04 pm

Hey Matt, any idea why the regular smiley face is only showing up as "Sweet!" any time someone clicks on it?

Also, what Matt and Alisa said was correct, for this year's UAG. Milt posted about it in another thread awhile back. Ultimate Air Elation
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by TR75 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Sweet! this one?

Gunther (GSP) PB 0'0"

www.nylabone.com
TR75

My Name : Matt
My Pet(s) : Jake & Gunther
Sponsors : Nylabone
Number of posts : 1345
Gemini Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Yup... the one that would normally show up when you type a : followed by a ).
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by Jumpin' Duracell on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks for all the information... so since Woods n Waters is the Ultimate Air Games, it is different from most of the other events. This makes a whole lot more sense now... Thanks so much! Hopefully we will get to jump next year... and earn a title by the time of Woods n Water next year! Thanks again for everyones help!
Jumpin' Duracell

Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jumpin' Duracell on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Just curious... I was just wondering when does next years schedule usually come out?? We are really excited about jumping, but aren't going to be able to make it to the rest of the jumps for this year, so we were just wondering when the new year starts and all.
Jumpin' Duracell

Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:05 pm

Jumps are usually posted after the contract for each has been finalized... so it all depends on the individual events. Milt or MaraLee would have to chime in with anything more specific. Sweet!
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraLee on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:34 am

Yes, events are only added to our schedule as contract are signed.

Milt sends me the list. I chart it, adding on the details and publish it on our web-site. I can't remember when we got the next year's schedule together last year. Seems like it was the end of November or start of December? Regardless, we don't publish events until contracts are finalized.

Thanks,
MaraLee

Webmistress

My Name : MaraLee
My Pet(s) : Lucy and Waffles, the Labs... Gus and Rufus, the Guinea Pigs
Sponsors : Bill and Lynnie!
Number of posts : 801
Gemini Snake

http://www.ultimateairdogs.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content