ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

UAD and Dockdogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dont Miss! UAD and Dockdogs

Post by Milt on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:38 pm

I want to get something out in the air, so people can know what's going on. I have absolutely nothing against people who jump at Dock Dog events. I actually encourage people to jump at other organization's events. For 3 years, I setup and ran events for Dock Dogs when Shadd Fields owned the company. I was in charge of setting up and running events throughout the Great Lakes States. 90% of the events that were started in the early years of Dock Dogs in those states were run by Brian and myself. These were my events according to the agreement I had with Shadd Fields. When Shadd Fields sold Dock Dogs to new management (Grant Reeves), I attempted to work with him, until I was told the events that I had worked on for 3 years were no longer mine, but his. I decided at that time to start Ultimate Air Dogs and go on my own since there was no talking to the new owner of Dock Dogs. Now where most of the animosity between myself and Grant lies is that he tries to take away UAD events by getting his clubs to go after events that I have run for many years. They have actually offered to do events for free to take these events from UAD, but have been turned down several times. I have NEVER contacted any Dock Dog events trying to steal them away from DD's. The events that I do, that used to be Dock Dog events, I was contacted directly from those event organizers because they were unhappy with the former Dock Dog run event or the cost was too high. I have nothing against people who jump their dogs at Dock Dog events or any other organization. I feel there are enough events out there so all of us can jump and be happy. Please feel free to post here or call me if you need clarification on anything!

Milt 248-217-0614
Milt

My Name : Milt
My Pet(s) : Sparky(RIP), Maximus, Nash, Flash & Allie
Number of posts : 1057
Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Dont Miss! Re: UAD and Dockdogs

Post by SkyHawk on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:10 pm

Milt,

My business experience has taught me that it's always better in the long run to take "the high road" as you have done. I commend you for that. In our club, Georgia Air Dawgs, we discourage bad-mouthing others and other organizations because 1) it doesn't profit anyone, and 2) bad-mouthing others and their organizations just isn't the thing to do.

I regret that this situation exists between Dock Dogs and UAD. It's not only unfortunate for the people involved, but unfortunate for the dawgs.

We at Georgia Air Dawgs recognize the challenges that you face and we appreciate and support you in your efforts. Keep strokin', Milt. You're doing some good stuff!

Bill Akin
Watkinsville GA

SkyHawk

My Name : Bill
My Pet(s) : Spud & Sally
Number of posts : 55
Sagittarius Rooster

http://www.skyhawksports.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beastmistress on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:33 am

Hi, Milt:

Good for you. I am so tired of hearing trash talking in general in the world. It only makes the people doing it look bad. And it takes a lot of energy to do it that would be better spent in other ways.

Helping animal charities (as you do) for example.

Chris
beastmistress

My Name : Chris
My Pet(s) : Torc,Steele,Pogo,Banner,Muppet,Sammy,Brock,Berowne,Mac,Isis,Tam,Tybalt,KK,Rags,Stutz,Beatrice
Number of posts : 28
Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyBGoode on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:51 am

Wow...a year later would Bill still make this same comment Golly Gee!

Keep it up Milt. You are doing well. You have the support of the biggest jumping, most exciting and most handsome dogs in Georgia AND Florida !!
MollyBGoode

Number of posts : 328

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:45 am

We all know they are jealous that UAD has become so popular and is flourishing in many ways that the "other organization" is floundering in.

Keep up the good work. We all love jumping with you and it seems like Ultimate Air Dogs is attracting more and more competitors every year. UAD is family friendly and more and more people are enjoying that, I know thats why we still jump.

Keep up the good work we all love UAD.

SKY
(SHR GUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel)
PB - Long Dock 24' 11"
PB - Short Dock 20'04"
PB - Catch it 42'5"
PB - Vertical 5' 4"
PB - Fetch-It 17'
2011 Catch-it National Champion
19 Career UAD Ultimate Victories

Star
(Sauk Rivers Shooting Star)
PB - Long dock 23'05"
PB - Fetch-it 21'
PB - UV 5'6"
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Number of posts : 709
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattison on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:42 am

[quote]Keep up the good work. We all love jumping with you and it seems like Ultimate Air Dogs is attracting more and more competitors every year. UAD is family friendly and more and more people are enjoying that, I know thats why we still jump.

Keep up the good work we all love UAD.[quote]

Ditto!!!!
Mattison

My Name : Mary
My Pet(s) : Mattison & Morgan
Number of posts : 109
Gemini Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriL on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:49 am

I read this first time without looking at the dates of the first two post. Almost fell off the couch which would not be good thing as I would be stuck on the floor until someone came over to help me up. Scream!!!

LoriL

My Name : Lori
Number of posts : 387
Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by TR75 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:28 pm

I didn't look at the dates. I wondered why Marty said what he said.

Gunther (GSP) PB 0'0"

www.nylabone.com
TR75

My Name : Matt
My Pet(s) : Jake & Gunther
Sponsors : Nylabone
Number of posts : 1345
Gemini Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by cheese dogs on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:05 pm

No I am sure he wouldn't!!!!!
cheese dogs

My Name : Anna
My Pet(s) : Colby, Brie
Number of posts : 82
Leo Dog

http://www.colbysflyingleap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by foxonfire on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:23 pm

MollyBGoode wrote:Wow...a year later would Bill still make this same comment Golly Gee!

Keep it up Milt. You are doing well. You have the support of the biggest jumping, most exciting and most handsome dogs in Georgia AND Florida !!

Ditto to that. I almost fell out of my chair reading that year old post of Bill's. LOL. Might have made the teachers and students look at me like I was crazy. I love UAD events, Milt- you are the most helpful, and have the best family-oriented events that I have seen to date. You make them fun for everyone, people and dogs!
foxonfire

My Name : Megan U.
My Pet(s) : Jack, Fox, Strider, Jäger
Number of posts : 81
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: